Sally and I have arrived in Spain and it is great - but more on that latter. I can't go any further without talking about our stay in La Force in Southern Spain. It is a very spectaclar part of the country with bright yellow fields with sunflowers in them with bright green fields with other crops. The place where we stayed was great and they had an old king charles cavalier much like Elvis. Which was great as we are missing him very much. Carcassone was the undoubted highlight. It is an old medieval city that was a haven for the cathars in years gone past. It is now full of restaurants. Some of the english translations were quite funny on the menus - muff of duck was an interesting one. We also had a spectacular drive through the pyrennes with jagged mountains and old cathar chataeus in very remote places.
We are staying at Palermos in the heart of Costa Brava in Spain. It is much hotter here with stunning beaches. Like anywhere in the world with great beaches there are lots of high rise apartments and hotels. I am struggling with the spanish at the moment as I keep going to say french things. Today we cruised down the Costa Brava which was very pretty. Last night we went to a quiet place for some food and all of a sudden they put on a soccer match and the place went crazy. Soccer is very exciting to watch when the commentators speak spanish - gooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. I still have no idea who was playing but the score was 6-5 to the team in white. I think that´s about all.
Oh yeah go the warriors!
And for the record we didn't have muff of duck but a woman near our table had it and seemed to enjoy it!

No comments:
Post a Comment