Well we have finally arrived in Florence and man it is hot - 33 degrees and 90% humidity. Yesterday we went to Pisa and saw the tower and church there. My uncle and auntie have been gracious hosts as usual and the food has been magnifico. Today we went to a clothes market and I bought heaps of funky clothes - Sal bought nothin. We had a quite a big mix up with my relatives today (they don't speak english). They asked us something about "gelateria" not sure if thats the right spelling. Now I thought I knew enough italian to know that this is place that sells one of my favourite things which is ice cream. It being hot and all Sally and I expressed our excitement and so off we went. So off we went and were led by my auntie into a women's lingerie shop. Sal and I were standing there wondering what the heck is going on here. The next thing we know the shop assistant is pulling out various underwear garments and all we want is ice cream! It turns out that the word gelateria means women's lingerie .)
This afternoon we are of to San Minato which looks like a fortified tucan town from a distance - so it should be good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment